Wednesday, May 8, 2013

The Wedding

Most of you know that my amazingly best friend of 10 years got married this past weekend. I couldnt be more happy that she found such an amazing guy. Here's the story....

Lindsay and I met 10 years ago at a church camp (surprisingly neither one of us still go to church... all that often) anyways.... We have never lived in the same state, yes this is true. The phone and internet have been our constant contact with one another and the occasional hey I am coming to visit.

10 years later I found myself giving the Matron of Honor speech at her wedding, I truly winged it since I left my thought/typed out speech at the hotel. I couldnt believe that my best friend was married, as am I. It didnt seem that long ago we were at camp hanging out late at night, texting on our cell phones and having friends sneak into our room at night with pizza... These memories I would cherish for the rest of my life.

The wedding was amazing, she looked stunning. I was shocked to find out that I would be the one to get her dressed in her amazingly fitted and stunning gown and to have the privilege to see her first in it, to take pictures all teary eyed with her and seeing the wonderful women she has grown up to be. I will always have that with me as long as I live. No amount of rain that we encountered or freezing cold wind could stop us from having a good time, and the awkward noise Cody made and he blubbered out his vows to Lindsay. Lindsay and Cody's family welcomed me with open arms and embraced me as one of their own family members for the weekend. My parents came into town to help me with Kaiya at the wedding and I couldnt have been more blessed since she was totally out of her element and my own husband could not attend with me.

I am truly great full that Lindsay and Cody have found each other and that they have a love and passion for one another that is undeniable.... Cheers and toast to them for a happy life they will live together... I love you both so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment