Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Potty Training

So to every 2 year old, potty training is a momentous time in their life.... for the parents it is extra laundry, less diapers and a lot more being aware of what time it is and when they went last.
This past 3 day weekend was one of those hair pulling  exciting and frustrating weekends. Kaiya wanted to be naked all weekend (despite the 30 degree weather). She kept pulling her pants around her ankles taking off her diaper and yelling potty potty potty and running to the bathroom. To her this is exciting to us parents it is exciting and a lot of work. She never did once go in the potty but yet in her diaper I imagine right before she realized she had to potty. So countless diapers later and hours of wrestling with her to keep some clothes on we are hoping that potty training will go better.
When I dropped her off at school today, they said that we are going to start working on a potty schedule and that they will call us in and sit us down to discuss the schedule. We will need to keep the same one at home and at school making bathrooms easily accessible so we have little to no accidents. Also always have at school at least 5 outfits, 7 pairs of panties and 2 pairs of school appropriate shoes.. Now this isnt that big of a deal except for the fact that Kaiya's shoe size is an odd one and we have to spend 30.00 a pair. I am not one to throw money away or to let my kid run around in cheap shoes....
I never believed my parents when they said kids are expensive you wait and see... Well now I see, diapers and wipes to tons of clothes, panties and shoes. I wonder how we stay afloat sometimes...
Any potty training tips would be appreciated! I am losing my mind with chasing her down after she has already gone.

YAY for the POTTY

No comments:

Post a Comment